Logwatch report on another machine?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jun 4 22:20:39 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

> Sendmail should fall back to A records if no MX exists, and it should
> accept any names you've added to /etc/mail/local-host-names (requires a
> sendmail restart) as local regardless of what DNS says.  If you want
> network-local mail delivered to some other machine you can define
> MAIL_HUB in sendmail.mc with approximately the same syntax as SMART_HOST
> (i.e. use []'s around literal IPs or hostnames where you want to skip
> the MX lookup).  Then mail determined to be local will go to the
> MAIL_HUB and you can still send outside mail to a different SMART_HOST.

Thanks, I'll try that and tell you what happens.
As I said, it used to be simple to forward logwatch to a local machine.
(I'm thinking 2 or 3 years ago, possibly pre-Fedora, on Redhat systems.)
I'm not sure what has changed.

>> Also on that system, you will need to make it a POP3/IMAP
>> server so you can retrieve mail.

I'm actually running a dovecot/IMAP server on the machine, alfred,
that I want the email sent to.
I read my email on my laptops from this server.
This works beautifully.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net