Sharing CD-ROM over Samba on Fedora 8 *solved*

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 17:49:44 UTC 2008

Daniel Tweedy wrote:
> I put this line in my /etc/fstab file
>
> /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom auto pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
>
> The cdrom doesn't mount on bootup which I believe to be correct due to
> the noauto part.
>
> I played around with the samba config and found that the paths I was
> using for mount and unmount were incorrect, corrected the paths and now
> it mounts and unmounts fine.

Cool. Just one question though, I am not trying to be confrontational or
anything, this solution automatically mounts and shares whatever is in
the cd drive? I can easily imagine putting a cd, say with backups or
other personal info, into the drive that I may not really want to share.

--
If opinions were really like assholes the we'd each have just one