Can I control Volume Labels during System Build?

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 22:21:49 UTC 2008

Since I have different system versions on my disks I would like to control the
various volume labels rather than having anaconda pick their names. For example
my F8 system would get labels like /F8/boot, the F9 system would then have
labels like /F9/boot etc. However, anaconda picks its own strange system which
you can't change afterwards because the anaconda generated labels show up in
grub.conf and initrd.<kernel version>.img and maybe other places.

So my question is: Is it at all possible to give the system partitions labels
after my own scheme and how?

--
Erik.