Numeric keypad fails w/ F8->F9 upgrade

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 11 01:35:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 16:19 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
> In F8, my numeric keypad worked correctly with spreadsheets,
> calculators, and other applications.
>
> I've noticed that although the NumLock indicator comes on, no activity
> from the keypad registers with F9 applications; I have to use the top
> row of the keyboard.

On my cleanly installed Fedora 9, the numberpad works as a numberpad,
but I noticed that I had to toggle the numlock key a couple of times.

Do you, perchance, have any assistive technology settings set that turn
the numberpad into a mouse control?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.4-30.fc9.i686