Next F9 issue: Kget doesn't work.

linuxguy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 15:19:20 UTC 2008

Thanks for the help with my recent posts.  On to my next issue.

Kget doesn't work on my F9 installation.   Kget worked in F8.

If I click on a link the "Save As/ Open/Cancel" window appears.  If I
select "Save As", the "New Download-KGet" window appears.  I say OK to
the download settings.  A .part file is created at the destination.

A new download entry is made in the KGet window.  Its Status is
"Delayed".  Size is n/a and Progress stays at 0%.  There is no Speed
entry.

All this happens in Konqueror.   Anyone else have the same problem ?
Any ideas why ?

To save the file I get around this problem by opening a Dolphin window
to the destination and dragging the link there.  That works.   Dragging
onto the desktop does not work !

Incidentally, I find the F9 Konqueror to have a ton of bugs compared to
the F8 Konqueror.

Thanks

LG