Checking CPU temperature

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Jun 11 20:14:02 UTC 2008

<-----------[snip]----------->
> M/B Temp:    -55.0°C  (low  = +127.0°C, high = +127.0°C)  sensor = transistor
> CPU Temp:     -2.0°C  (low  = +127.0°C, high = +127.0°C)  sensor = transistor
> Temp3:       +49.0°C  (low  = +127.0°C, high = +90.0°C)  sensor = thermal diode
> cpu0_vid:   +1.350 V
>
> $
>
> Cannot get the CPU temperature.
>
> Paul

You should never get a negative temperature reading. With the
exception of military grade equipment, very little equipment is
rated to operate below the freezing point of water.

The fact that sensor-detect did not find any temperature detectors
is also a good indication that your motherboard does not support it.

Mikkel