Checking CPU temperature

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:42:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 21:23 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> 2008/6/11 Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com>:
> > You should never get a negative temperature reading. With the exception of
> > military grade equipment, very little equipment is rated to operate below
> > the freezing point of water.
> >
> > The fact that sensor-detect did not find any temperature detectors is also a
> > good indication that your motherboard does not support it.
>
> Thanks, Mikkel. My motherboard is a
>
> GA-81945PL-G
>
> one. Do other with the same motherboard experience the same problem
> that I am facing?
>
> On the same machine, I have a MS Windows partition. Is there some MS
> Windows program to check the CPU temperature?

Several, though they tend to be shareware. Still, you should be able to
at least check if they work without having to pay anything. Google is
your friend.

Also, IIRC some motherboards come with a CD of Windows apps which
include temperature instruments. I know Intel does this. You can also
download these things from www.intel.com (only for their own mobos of
course).

poc