Can I rename a user??

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Fri Jun 13 21:05:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:50:39 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:

> Tim wrote:
>> Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com wrote:
>>> Better yet, do it in front of them
>>
>> A good idea.  Do the installation with them there, get them to play
>> along.  Have them fiddle around, tweak, re-install, and tweak, before
>> they've put something on the system that they don't want to lose.
>>

> I agree.  It will also instill a sense that they can work with this
> "hard to use" Linux and can install it.  Removes some of the fear of
> playing with the settings.

        All that made excellent sense to me. I went back to the local
linux forum where I had offered the machine, and started a reply, with
an expatiation of these ideas pretty well worked out in my head.

        Then I noticed that the "newbie" runs Gentoo. Shudda thunka
that, right off the bat ....

	My apologies for wasting bandwidth; but my thanks for the good
thoughts, which I'll bear in mind next time I get a real case.