Fedora 9 Live CD boot trouble

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 14:04:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 13:59 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 08:25 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> > You might get an answer if you explain what the question is.
>
> Booting live CD fails exits to shell, and as above, to waht does one
> create the symlink?

Still not clear. If you're running from the CD, at what point do you
need to "exit to shell"? "Exiting to the shell" implies the system
detected an error at boot time (e.g. a bad filesystem) and is giving you
the chance to fix it. This shouldn't happen with a Live CD, but if it
did you need to explain in more detail just what is going on.

Or do you mean you ran the Install option from the Live CD and there was
an installation problem?

> > Repeating the exact same message isn't going to endear you to the list
> > members.
> >

> Not some much the same message, but a subtle subject chage, as I thought
> the word "install" may confues.

Too subtle I'm afraid. A comment in the message body is more visible.

poc