flash video to mp3 file ? (ffmpeg doesn't recognize flash file...)

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 16:21:32 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 11:47 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 16:00 -0600, linuxguy wrote:
> >> Never mind, the input file was corrupt.  It works fine with a good
> >> file.

> > It's been a few days since anybody made this point, so I'd just like to
> > say:
> >
> > *Please* don't top-post.
> >
> > Thank you for your cooperation.
> >
> This was correct usage of top posting. It prevented people from wasting
> time reading through a post, thinking about the problem, etc. Please
> stop complaining about correct use of top posting, it wastes bandwidth
> and reader time.

Sorry Bill, but I disagree (surprise). In what way does the reader gain
by looking only at the first line, without understanding what the
message is about? If the context is needed, you need to look at it. If
it's not needed, it shouldn't be there. If it's there anyway, scrolling
or paging to the bottom still works.

Top-posting is used IMHO because a) some mailers encourage it (including
Evolution, but I've managed to persuade the devs to include an option to
turn it off in a future version), or b) because the poster can't be
bothered editing his message.

I don't take a pedantic view of top-posting in every context, in fact I
often use it myself on personal messages, but this is a high-traffic
mailing-list with certain rules.

I'll shut up now.

poc