Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jun 15 02:38:39 UTC 2008

Craig White <craigwhite <at> azapple.com> writes:
> I will say this about KDE 4 and putting large numbers of users on
> it...they do tend to use the Desktop to temporarily save files before
> they move them to their permanent home and right now, the Desktop is a
> dead space and one has to use Dolphin to move/delete files from the
> Desktop. That is holding me back from pushing F9 onto a number of users'
> computers.

As far as I know, that will work better with the folderview plasmoid in KDE 4.1
(already implemented in 4.1 beta1, so it will be part of 4.1 for sure). It's
true that the KDE 4.0 "every icon is a plasmoid of its own" implementation is
suboptimal and incomplete, it was a quick hack which was made so KDE 4.0
doesn't have to ship with no support for desktop icons at all.

        Kevin Kofler