Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 04:30:00 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 14:58 -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> On Sat June 14 2008 14:21:29 Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > stay here and write many, many bug reports, rally the troops in hopes of
> > making KDE 4.X the best KDE that is possible, take the positives the good
> > things and try to turn your face to bad things, the things you do not like
> > about KDE.  In all the bad, there has to be something good.  Okular is very
> > good.  Evince is also.  I can use either or to view multiple document
> > formats, ie., dvi, pdf, ps, etc.  . Let the battle to which desktop in
> > Fedora 9 or higher begin, which one earns your respect and choice after
> > all, you can make other statements that can make more impact.
>
> There is reason to hope that in a couple of years KDE 4.x will be better
> than KDE 3.5, but for now KDE 4.x is unproductive for most users.
>
> Distros that don't provide KDE 3.5 for their KDE users while KDE 4.x is
> being developed will simply lose most of their KDE users.  That is not a
> good thing for Fedora and that is not a good thing for Red Hat.  And there
> are things I'd rather be doing than migrating a bunch of installations to
> some other distro.

Installing CentOS tomorrow. I've got almost 1,500 members and
participating organizations in KDE's PIM Kaddressbook for our
Non-Profit. Can't do without it. I understand that it isn't in KDE4 as
of yet. No support for KDE3 so I gotta dance with who brung me.

My own two cents is that it might have been better if KDE3 been left in
by default and introduce KDE4 into testing. That approach could've kept
people, like myself, putting up with all the other blowups. Fedora, You
all have just gone past the point of audience participation for me. This
is a damn sad day, but it's been one heckuva ride.

Happy Trails, Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339