Cannot compile matplotlib on FC8: error: pygtk/pygtk.h: No such file or directory

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sun Jun 15 19:10:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 16:11:20 PM +0100, M A Young wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, M. Fioretti wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build and install matplotlib on Fedora 8, x86_64.
>
> That is doing it the hard way. The easy way is yum install
> python-matplotlib

er... (me blushing) Don't ask me why, but I was 100% sure that there
was no rpm anywhere, that's why I tried the hard way instead of just
firing yum. Ah, well. The version installed via yum works fine and I'm
happy, if a bit embarassed, now. Thanks to Michael for his
suggestions, I'll keep them around for when I must install some
similar package and really there are no rpms available.

Ciao and thanks,
		Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84