DVD Based backup without scripts ?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Jun 15 23:56:13 UTC 2008

linuxguy wrote:
> I'd like to backup a bunch of data onto DVDs.   About 16 GB worth, more
> than a single DVD holds.
>
> Is there a (GPL?) Linux utility that I can use to do this easily ?

That depends on your goal. Some backups are easy to use and write a
series of media good for restoring the whole data set. Some methods have
independent volumes which make restoring an individual file easier.

In either case, if these data have value, you might want to look at
dvdisaster, which adds software error correction to the data, and raises
your chances of being able to get your data back as the medium ages.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>