Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Jun 16 00:09:31 UTC 2008

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Mike Bird <mgb-fedora at yosemite.net> wrote:
>> On Sat June 14 2008 10:18:58 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Mike Bird <mgb-fedora at yosemite.net> wrote:
>>> Any reason not to use F8? I still have F7 on my desktop.. works just fine.
>> I'm writing this in F8 after reverting back from F9 due to KDE 4.0, but
>> IIRC security updates for F8 end in six months and security updates for
>> F7 just ended.
>
> Yah... don't use your machine on the public internet, don't use
> unnecessary services, you'll be fine.

..parse error, meaningless words detected after sequence "don't use your
machine"

The problem is that "use your machine" for most people is not limited to
playing solitaire on a machine without network connections.

If you have a limited need for functional KDE, a more practical solution
might be to run F8 in a virtual machine, xen, etc.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>