Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Jun 16 19:28:05 UTC 2008

Mike Bird wrote:

> So with most major distros we get to choose to migrate to KDE 4.x when
> it's usable for our clients rather than Red Hat pushing KDE 4.x down
> our throats before it's cooked.

Be careful who you blame here.  At akademy 2007, I specifically asked kde's upstream developers if parallel installability with kde3 would be possible or supported... and for an answer, received an emphatic no.

This is part why we say that in our FAQ:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/KDE4FAQ

Other distros choose to disregard upstream intentions here, and hack around it, unwisely, imo.

-- Rex