Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:50:40 UTC 2008

On Monday 16 June 2008 18:35:27 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> The decision to go with KDE4 was made by the few doing the work. I
> believe one of the major reasons for _not_ sticking with 3.5 currently
> is that is a large technical challenge and there are few resources to
> cover the work.

As a matter of interest, I have one box with Fedora on and two laptops with
Mandriva.  Mandriva decided to go for including both 3.5 and 4.0.  I was
afraid that some serious compromises might be necessary to do that, and I
think it has been so.  Certainly the Mandriva versions of KDE are nothing
like as solid and reliable as the Fedora one.  I'm seeing some very weird
things.

Anne
Anne