NVidia CK804 with ALC850 in fedora 9 64-bit

Mohammed El-Afifi mohammed_elafifi at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 07:09:35 UTC 2008

I'm using KDE in fedora 9 64-bit. When I open the "Sound" icon in the "System Settings", I get a list of ouput devices. They're all enabled except "NVidia CK804 with ALC850 (NVidia CK804)"; it's disabled.
I ran /sbin/lsmod on the command line and saw that the two modules snd_intel8x0 and snd_ac97_codec are loaded, does anyone know why the nvidia output device still looks disabled in the sound of the system settings?