Recent F9 stability

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Jun 17 17:15:27 UTC 2008

Louis E Garcia II wrote:
> Recently I have had problems with f9. Networking is completely frozen
> from time to time. The latest xorg server update it unusable for me due
> to firfox slow scrolling and other irregularities. The firefox issue
> with fsync() has gotten worse. Now evolution has this inbox problem but
> I see there is a fix in the pipeline.
>
> I sent a previous email about this but got no response. Anyone else
> having similar problems?

FC9 seems to have thrown us back to the bad old days of FC3 and 4, where
hardly anything worked quite right. Its pretty irritating after 6, 7,
and 8 which just worked for most of us. I think they pushed a few too
many things to the bleeding edge on this one.

Firefox has some slowdowns, but thunderbird is much worse. It just goes
completely to sleep for substantial periods. Some machines can't work
with the updated kernels, as X either won't start of acts weird. This
machine is Ok with the -18 kernel RPM, but its matrox card acts crazy
with the -30 and -55 updates.

Regards,
Steve