Firefox 3?

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Wed Jun 18 03:08:50 UTC 2008

FF 3 was released today, as most people probably know. According to
http://www.internetnews.com/software/article.php/3753196 "Red Hat plans
to make the final version of Firefox 3 available to Fedora and RHEL
customers on June 17." but maybe that's just creative journalism. "yum
update" isn't seeing it yet but of course it could be a mirror delay.

I know I can download the tarball from getfirefox.com, but the Linux
version is only for i386. At the moment I'm using a recent nightly
compiled for x86_64, but most of my plugins don't work, meaning I can't
be bothered reconfiguring them if the "official" rpm is going to come
out very soon.

Anyone with direct knowledge of this is welcome to comment.

poc