Firefox for ever

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jun 18 11:53:43 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:

> Oh, and speaking of blinky lights.  I always wondered what those sloping
> computer panels full of switches and blinking lights were from on the
> old Time Tunnel TV series.  You'd see them in the background of various
> TV shows and films.  ;-)

A friend of mine in charge of the computer system at a rival college
was about to dump an ancient mammoth computer a few years ago
when he got a call from the local TV station
who asked if it had lots of blinking lights which he could turn on and off.
When he said it did and he could,
they offered to take it away for nothing
and treat him to a slap-up meal at the restaurant of his choice.