Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jun 20 19:53:12 UTC 2008

Paul Johnson wrote:

> Being a beta tester for RedHat is OK as a way of life

Well, to be closer to the truth s/RedHat/KDE/

> It never came clear to me until I read Ann Wilson's post in this
> thread:  "We should always remember that Fedora
> does not set out to be the stable desktop required in most production
> situations.  You use it at your peril,  The fact that it actually
> works in most situations is a bonus."

That statement was a bit unfortunate, esp on differing expections around what defines a 'stable desktop' and .production situations'.  But, the statement taken at face value "the fact that it actually works in most situations is a bonus" isn't accurate imo.  Users can and should expect Fedora to "just work".

At that poijnt, we can all bikeshed about what "just work" means. :)

-- Rex