Upstart and powerfailures

Edwin fedora at dicker.nl
Fri Jun 20 21:16:49 UTC 2008

 Hi all,

I recently went from FC5 to F9 and learned that the SystemV inittab has been
replaced by upstart.
On my FC5 box I had the following in my inittab :

pf::powerfail:/sbin/shutdown -f -h +3 "Power Failure; System Shutting Down"
# If power was restored before the shutdown kicked in, cancel it.
pr:12345:powerokwait:/sbin/shutdown -c "Power Restored; Shutdown Cancelled"

I have read the upstart documentation but I just can't figure out how an
event script should be written like to be able to use a UPS on the system.

Does anyone has some experience with this and maybe an example script for a
powerfailure ?

Thanks in advance,

Edwin