{Disarmed} Re: problems w/ net (http) install

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jun 20 21:58:41 UTC 2008

I believe that using NFS, you would want to serve out the ISO and not
the individual files...I remember someone cluing me in on that a while
back.

It is beginning to sound like you have a problem with one or more of
your routers.

Anyway, there are a number of packages that provide a lot of utility for
Linux servers that aren't available for OS X server such as 'cobbler and
mrepo'

I heavily recommend mrepo (Dag package) that allows me to create a local
mirror for any repos that I want, uses the ISO to create the 'base' and
can also mirror the updates and also provides tftp package for
installation and http server base for installation. With mrepo, every
install I do is a kickstart.

Craig