Canon LBP 2900 drives me crazy

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 21 12:42:08 UTC 2008

On Saturday 21 June 2008 13:22:30 Bassel Safadi wrote:
> I've tried the Apple LaserWriter II driver it work but the printer isn't
> printing :( very strange

I've seen this mentioned before as a workaround, but the only time I needed to
try it I couldn't get it to work.
> > Nothing unusual in smb.conf, by the way disabling network and samba
> > didn't
>
> helped, also gentoo guide don't work,

I wouldn't expect the problem to be in samba.  The gentoo guide may be old, of
course.
> > CAPT 1.7 version is available at:
> > http://support-in.canon-asia.com/EN/search?canonsearch=1&lang=EN&category
> >=Laser+Printers&series=Monochrome&model=LBP2900&menu=Download .
> > You can try that.
> >
> > I'm downloading it right now, will report as soon as I try it , hope this
>
> will work...

I hope so, too :-)  After you installed the printer driver from canon, did you
try installing the printer through the cups interface (localhost:631)?  The
new driver should be among the ones listed if it installed correctly.  Put
your latest version of the driver on, then try this and let us know what
happens.

Anne