Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 21 22:51:12 UTC 2008

Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> when ever i go to shut down kde, i play a guessing game with it. should
>> i bother with 'log out' or go ahead and press <ctrl+alt+bkspc>, which,
>> by the way, fails almost as often as 'log out'.
>
> Seems to me you ought to clarify your problem,
> eg what do you mean by "log out"?

seems to me, you should read what is written and if you do not understand,
then reread it.

'shut down kde', 'log out', 'press <ctrl+alt+bkspc>', all in same paragraph.
what? you think this relates to 'log off system'? not even.

> Do you mean you type these words,

'type these words'? not either.

> or do you press a button in the panel?

button in 'lock | log out' applet in desktop panel, yes.

desktop is set up for mouse button actions of left for 'application menu',
right for 'desktop menu' where at bottom of each is selection of 'log out'.

does this clarify what is meant by 'log out'?

> Isn't ctrl-alt-backspace meant to kill X, rather than shutdown?

if it will not 'shutdown', then i kill it.

> (I could be wrong as I never use it.)

this i believe.

> I'm pretty sure that if you said what machine you are using,
> and expressed your problem clearly, it would be solved very shortly.

what 'machine'? i am talking about a computer.

as i said, maybe you should reread and it might become more clearly to you.

please excuse me for being satirical, but your questions just happened to
hit me in a wrong way.

no, i do not believe you meant to come across wrong, it just hit me that way.

--

tc,hago.

.