OT How to get National Public Radio FM on Rythmbox

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sun Jun 22 11:24:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008, William Case wrote:

> Hi -- particularly to my American friends.
>
> Does anybody know how to get National Public Radio (NPR) as a feed on
> Rythmbox.  I am new to using Radio + computer and I would like to add a
> NPR station to my list of stations.  But I can't seem to find an
> Internet feed.  Maybe it doesn't exist, but if someone knows how to get
> any (North Easteren US -- I'm in Ottawa, Canada) FM station I would
> appreciate it.

I think that this is controlled by the local stations which receive NPR
feeds. For New York City NPR feeds, you can find the Internet radio links
on WNYC's home page (http://www.nyc.org/) in the left column.

Copy the link (right-click -> Copy Link Address) in the web browser, and
then in Rhythmbox Music -> New Internet Radio Station and past the link in
the Dialog box.

Relatedly, you can find European Internet radio stations here:
http://www.listenlive.eu/

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com