fedora 9: left handed mouse after resuming from hibernate

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 24 09:47:49 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> Have you tried putting your script into one of the power management
>> script directories [1], so it gets run automatically?

Frank Murphy:
> If script was put there would it need any ext .sh etc..,
> am thinking /etc/pm/config.d
> As here it not a resume just losing the setup after using kvm.
> (no coder here)

On my Fedora 7 laptop, I have a script in /etc/pm/sleep.d/ for
re-applying some parameters to my hard drive after a wakeup.  You could
use it as a template, changing the (hdparm) command line to whatever
commands you were using to fix your problem.

#!/bin/bash

case "$1" in

        thaw|resume)
                /sbin/hdparm -B255 /dev/sda
                ;;

        *)
                ;;

esac

exit $?

The file permissions are rwx-r-xr-x.  Though I suspect it only needs to
be executable by root, I haven't bothered testing.

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, all using Gnome
 in case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.