Standby (S3) problem since 2.6.24

Markus Bonet m.bonet at gmx.de
Wed Jun 25 14:42:23 UTC 2008

I recently upgraded from F8 to F9.

Problem occured first time on F8. Since kernel 2.6.24 is used (same for
2.6.25), there is a strange problem with standby.
When system is coldstarted (complete boot), it is no problem to set system
to standby (S3).
System will wake up withput problems and I can resume work normally as
expected.
The next time I set system to standby the computer will go down but will
wake up again immediately.
During this, the HDD and the fans shut down but system wakes up again after
that. I can work on as nothing has happened.

I have no clue about this.. so maybe I will try to use a 2.6.23 kernel
under F9, though I need to compile first.

Some short info about the computer:
- ASRock 939N68PV-GLAN
- X2 3800
- Nforce 630A/GeForce 7050 (onboard) - using livna nvidia driver

Any hint is highly appreciated
Markus
PS: Sorry for "crossposting" to the forum and to the mailing list - I hope
to reach someone who knows something about this strange behaviour.