Double checking grub-install ??

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 25 22:04:40 UTC 2008

William Case wrote:
<snip>
> My Fedora version is listed with my signature.

so it is. did not notice before. guess i will have to start noting sigs
before i question versions. :o)

> During a bugzilla discourse, a program or facility called 'firstaid' was

can not answer about that. next release of f9 i will venture into it.

<snip>
> smoothly as possible.

no harm in double checking.

as you asked,
   'grub-install --root-directory=/boot /dev/sdb'
will, as stated in 'man grub-install' and 'info grub-install', put grub on
'/dev/sdb' which is ok if you are using a boot loader with oos or have bios
to boot '/dev/sdb'.

when i had a '/dev/sda' crash, i used,
   'grub-install --root-directory=/boot /dev/sda'
to install to 1st drive, as that is how i have my bios set.

hthm.

--

tc,hago.

.