RAID1 in F9

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jun 27 18:54:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 17:35:10 +0000,
  redhatdude at bellsouth.net wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to create a RAID1 with 2 500GB HD I got.
> Can anyone point me to a good step by step howto to do this with Fedora 9?
> Thanks,
> EJ

If you are going to be doing this as a fresh install, you get choose to
set up a custom layout during the install process. If you do that you
first create the partitions you want and then you create raid arrays
matching up the various partitions. You probably want the exact same
partition layout on both disks. If you like LVM use about 100 MB for a
partition at the beginning of both drives that will be used for /boot and
the remainder of each disk for a partition that will be used for LVM.