GRUB menu video mode

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 29 04:07:44 UTC 2008

Herbert Carl Meyer wrote:
> As far as grub sucking, it was written for a purpose by somebody else.

read what i wrote. i said grub stinks. that is why it is being rewritten.

manual sucks and needs to be rewritten with more information so people
can have a better understanding of what is supposed to happen. leaving
out information, causes holes. holes suck.

had i included 'grub.conf' and 'menu.lst' in my post when i discussed them,
i would have noticed that anaconda puts 'splashimage=' in 'grub.conf' by
default and asked you to '#' it out to see what happens.

from order of post, others did not have awareness either.

> If you think it sucks, write something better.
> If you can't write, shut up, and go away.

i can write, do, and intend to. but not for grub.

> Excuse me, rude people make me rude.

you are excused. trying to help someone is not being rude.

> I am very good at being rude, you
> should try me in person. Bring a helmet, and some bandages.

most evident. when you grow up and gain maturity, i would not mind meeting.
i do not need a helmet nor bandages. now or later.

glad to see you have you computer problems solve so quickly. you other
problems will take you a lot longer.

good luck to you.

--

tc,hago.