why all are thinking in that way only?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 04:42:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 09:56 +0530, Parshwa Murdia wrote:
> when i asked for the keylogger in my system, why people thought of
> illegal
> activities only? it is MINE system and for use only in my system, i am
> asking and further more, like one must have knowledge of viruses and
> then
> only he can create an antivirus, similarly it is for the knowledge of
> keylogger to prevent the thefts

Because most people associate keyloggers with spying, and you didn't say
why you wanted it. If you had given this perfectly reasonable
explanation in the first place, I doubt anyone would have objected.

Another thing: when replying to an earlier message, please use the Reply
function in your mailer rather than creating a completely new message.
That way we can keep the threading clear. You didn't do this, and you
also changed the Subject line, so a) only those of us who happen to
remember your earlier message that have any idea of what you're talking
about and b) anyone looking at the list archives in the future won't
associate your explanation with the original request.

poc