Firefox problem

Tomasz Torcz tomek at crocom.com.pl
Mon Jun 30 08:46:39 UTC 2008

Dnia 2008-06-28, sob o godzinie 09:23 +1000, d_j_w46 pisze:
> I tried to start firefox on the command line,and this is what I get.
>
> [david at reddwarf ~]$ /usr/lib/firefox-3.0/firefox
> The program 'firefox' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.

> The error was 'BadName (named color or font does not exist)'.

  I had this problem after upgrade from F8 to F9, which left xorg.conf
unmodified. Older xorg.conf specified path to fonts, including xfs (X
Font Server). The quickest way to fix issue was to do "service xfs
start". The proper way is to remove older entries -- compare your
xorg.conf with the one from fresh install.

  Of course, that was my problem after upgrade, and your problem can be
totally unrelated.

--
Tomasz Torcz