Video distortion

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 19:24:22 UTC 2008

max bianco wrote:

> I had not considered that possibility.  It could indeed be a hardware
> problem but i don't have any issues when i run without the livna driver. If
> i was having a video card problem shouldn't I have general video issues that
> don't revolve around the livna driver? I am out of the loop on video driver
> issues(something i used to keep up with), what, if any, other driver can i
> use?  Is the driver offered by livna  the open source or proprietary driver?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Max

It could also be overdriving the monitor, or the monitor is starting to fail on
higher frequencies/resolutions, or it right at the edge of what it will take.

Check the frequencies/resolutions that the free driver uses and check the
resolutions that the ati driver uses, sometimes there is an option on the
monitor setup that will tell you the active frequency, and compare the two and
compare to what the monitor claims that it can handle.

                         Roger