Display fails before login screen.

Mike D 42flicks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 22:16:20 UTC 2008

Hello I have an issue which is causing my screen to display a faded
greyscale 'blob' before the login dialog. This gets lighter and the system
will not go any further. This is fixed by a restart, sometimes up to 3.

An interesting thing is when the Ethernet is disconnected this does not
happen.

I know I'm being very vague but has anyone experienced this? Is there a log
that would be a good point of call? My boot.log in /var is empty.

This is on a fresh install of Fedora 8, but also existed in 6.

Thanks,

Mike