OT: mp3 xmms

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Mar 14 12:15:58 UTC 2008

George Hare wrote:
> After one of my updates I noticed that Xmms had no mp3 and I could not
> find it google or the repo's. Isn't this all getting a bit tiresome?. What
> happened?
>
> Thanks,
> George Hare

I'm a little slow catching this thread, but I understand that XMMS
development has stopped and there is currently no maintainer.  I know
that a couple of distros don't ship xmms packages anymore because of
that.  Is there any reason you want or need xmms?  Personally I found
that audacious works just as well as xmms and has about the same footprint.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support