OT: mp3 xmms

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 13:21:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:10:14 -0200, Martin Marques wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >
> > Btw, more and more XMMS users switch to the more actively developed
> > players like Audacious (package "audacious"). You can find extra
> > plugins for it, too. -> http://rpm.livna.org
> >

> XMMS is simple, and well maintained.

The 1.2.10 release that is in Fedora is from February, 2004. Even during
the 1.2 series, development has stalled already and lead to forks like
XMMS2, BMP, BMP2, Audacious and so on.  Just recently, XMMS 1.2.11 was
released. Quote: "1211 days ago we released 1.2.10, so what better day to
release 1.2.11?"

> Newer players are a pain, like amarok or audacious. heavy and with so
> many features that I will never use.

Amarok is an entirely different concept.

> BTW, they too don't have mp3 support, for the same reason.

audacious-plugins-nonfree-*