FC8, lost sound

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 15 02:23:10 UTC 2008

Steven Stern wrote:
> In any case, system-config-soundcard sees the SB Audigy card, but
> nothing comes out.  When I boot into Windows, it's happy.
= hardware OK,, software problem.
Maybe you could post the
/root/scsconfig.log

Are modules getting loaded: lsmod|grep sn

Did you see the s-c-soundcard System tab it has some functions to
redetect and so-on...

> On the same day, a bunch of packages were installed, including hal.
> Is there some way I can "clean" the system of what it knows about the
> current sound card and let it rediscover it from scratch?
Post the yum changes since the last time that sound was working from
/var/log/yum?.log

That might indicate what has changed.

DaveT.