Anyone know of good Linux GPS driving map software?

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Sat Mar 15 11:19:24 UTC 2008

pursley1 at netscape.net wrote:
> I am looking for advice, as part of my migration from Windows, to find
> a good replacement for my Delorme Street Atlas program, which only
> runs in Windows.

Wayfinder (www.wayfinder.com) produces a GPS package that runs on the
Nokia N810, and the N810 is Linux based.  I've not yet tried it out even
on my N810 yet, as I've been waiting for a significant trip to make a
worthwhile test...

If you've not looked at the N810, it's a micro-sized Linux laptop about
the same size as the iPhone, although a bit thicker.  225grams, 800x480
screen, keyboard, fits in pocket, uses WiFi or bluetooth through your
mobile phone to get out to the Internet.

Alan