Virtual Machine Manager not reporting CPU usage

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 15:23:05 UTC 2008

I am running a virtual machine (kvm/qemu) on a quad-core x64
machine with 8GB RAM running Fedora 8. I have not supplied the -smp switch to
qemu-system-x86_64, as it doesn't seem to like it. I passed the -m
1024 switch (it doesn't like 2048)

Looking at System Monitor, one of the physical CPUs shows at just
about 100% busy all the time. this is what I would expect, as I am
running a compile in the guest (DragonFly BSD 1.12.0).

But looking at Virtual Machine Manager, it shows CPU% as 0.0%, Memory
usage as 0%. It also 4 VCPUs.

Why? (on all three counts).

I am especially unhappy to see 4 VCPUs, as DragonFly is not known for
good SMP performance at the moment.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire