file compare tool?

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Sat Mar 1 23:13:07 UTC 2008

I am looking for a tool I can use to compare two files, and show me the
differences in a side-by-side view. Ideally, I'd like a view like SVN does
via the httpd interface... i.e. one side has removed code shown in a
red/pink background, the other side shows new code in green...

It would be perfect if I could use it is a command line tool, and then it
would display the results in an X window (based on the DISPLAY env
setting...

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
Don

--
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and
those who don't. :-)