[F8 i386] Drive mount locations change at startup.

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Sun Mar 2 01:25:01 UTC 2008

Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Use the UUID in /etc/fstab instead of whatever you are using now.

UDIDs (in Debian/Ubuntu) have had their own set of problems.

In addition all "problem" drives aren't showing up in fstab at all
(which I find rather odd).

I've got 2 external drives (1 partition each) and 2 other internal
drives (several partitions).

All were mounted as I wrote this.

However..

$ cat /etc/fstab
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

Where are they here?

--
             Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com