Trouble Removing RPM's

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 3 17:47:52 UTC 2008

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:43:15 -0800 (PST)
Alan <alan at clueserver.org> wrote:

> Don't try ripping out all the 32 bit versions.  Your system will stop
> working.

Actually, that's not correct.  I ran a 64-bit only system here for a while as a
sort of an experiment and it worked fine; everything worked great.  The only
downside was that I didn't have flash or Acrobat Reader available.

You can remove all i386 packages with this command:

yum remove \*.i?86

> You may not have 32 bit gtk apps installed now, but you might later.
> There are a number of packages that are only available as 32bit.  (Acrobat
> Reader comes to mind.)  If you remeove the 32bit versions of the
> libraries, these other apps will not work.

That's the downside.