Burning a kernel

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 05:03:41 UTC 2008

Can one roll a kernel using the vanilla kernel rpm? I know you would
need kernel-devel and possibly headers, but can it be done? I tried
giving it a go, as the i686 kernel seems to be rolled with intel and I
want to get all the gusto I can as I have an AMD-64 chip. Which, from
what I'm seeming, is not checked off in the Fedora stock build.

No, I'm not touching anything else as I'm plain afraid to do so. Got
plenty of time for it to build 100 modules I'll never need. :) There
used to be a HOW-TO at fedora.redhat.com, but damned if I can find it.
Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar