Help to revert from KDE 4

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Mar 5 20:19:20 UTC 2008

In attempting to get out of dependency hell while installing mplayer, I
apparently upgraded my Fedora 8 desktop from KDE 3.5 to KDE 4.0.

HELP!...KDE 4 is a bloody disaster. At the moment, I have no KDE "Start"
icon, no panel, and worse yet, NO KONSOLE. I eventually found that I can
start an xterm, by using the 'Run' command, but xterm is not konsole.
The screen appears unstable too...

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE KDE 4 RPM? So I can uninstall it. And what is
the name of the kde 3.5 rpm. And what do I do to revert the packages
which were also upgraded in lockstep.

And yes, I have no banished the fedora-development.repo file.
Geoff