Screen not found after installing video drivers

Guillermo Bustamante 9bustamante at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 03:46:05 UTC 2008

Hellow everybody,
I was interested on installing the drivers of the nvidia GeForce4 MX 4000
video card of my PC so I Typed the next commands:
$sudo rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-8.rpm
$sudo rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
$sudo yum -y update
$sudo yum install kmod-nvidia
$sudo nvidia-settings
To configure the system I could have written,
$ sudo yum install kmod-nvidia livna-config-display,
but I prefered the first one. The drivers were (apparently) installed
correctly but once rebooted, the X Window system did not
start, not even by typing
$ startx
Instead it says,
(EE) No devices detected
Fatal server error:
no screens found
Does anybody know how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance
gb