bitpim and usb connection to cellphone

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 02:49:13 UTC 2008

This is what BitPim is showing me.
active	True
Your operating system shows this driver and port is correctly configured
and a device attached

available	False
It was not possible to open this port

description	USB Device - Vendor LG Electroncs, Product VX Series Phone
(Direct USB connection), (Interface Modem Interface)

driver-required	True
This indicates if you must use a device driver, not direct USB access

libusb	True
This indicates if the usb library is in use to access this device.
Operating system device drivers (if any) are bypassed when BitPim talks
to the device name

usb::002::003::1
This is the name the port is known to your operating system as
protocol

Data / Generic
This is the protocol the USB device claims to speak

usb-productstring  Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM
lsusb shows me this:
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1004:6000 LG Electronics, Inc. VX4400/VX6000
Cellphone
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 09da:0006 A4 Tech Co., Ltd Optical Mouse WOP-35 /
Trust 450L Optical Mouse
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 03f0:4c11 Hewlett-Packard
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
So, BitPim and lsusb are seeing the same thing, but I need a driver as
opposed to a library?? Whassup? Anyone understand this?? Thanks! Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar