Konqueror vs Firefox

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:53:12 UTC 2008

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:20:50 -0500, David Boles wrote:
>
> [...]
>> There is a possibility that I just thought of and that would be
>> advertisements and Flash.
>>
>> I use the extension named Adblock Plus. It blocks ads on web pages. I
>> also use Flash Block which is user configurable to allow or block Flash
>> by site. Do you?
>> - --
>>

>> ~  David
>>
> [...]
>
> Can you temporarily turn these protections off and see if
> it makes a difference?
>
> Mike.

Of course.

With both Adblock and Flashblock disabled the original page at
http://www.news.com.au/ loads more slowly because this site is, IMO, truly
overloaded with regular ads and flash ads. Very busy page. Guessing that
it took 4-5 seconds longer to complete.

 From the page marked "March 07, 2008 08:42pm AEDT"

I loaded the main article "Aussie Stars", the four from the middle
section, and nine from the section Blogroll. Many had finished loading
before I could select them all. I switched to the first one, "Ayssie
Stars" and reloaded all tabs. While they were all reloading I scrolled up
and down with no problems.

I set FF to save my session tabs, that would be 18 tabs, and to reopen
them when I reopened FF. That did take some time. Much longer with the
extensions disabled. And again, while reloading all 18 tabs, I could
scroll up and down in the first article.

You do realise that this (these) pages never really do 'stop' loading? The
first one updates itself on a regular basis. And all of those Flash ads
never stop. That I found very annoying.

--

   David