how to resize/grow an existing partition

Victor Sira victor_sira at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 16:18:04 UTC 2008

----- Original Message ----

I've done something like in the past when having the same situation although not on FC7, but it should work:

1) Backup
2) e2fsck before increasing the size to make sure.
3) Use fdisk to remove the existing partition and create a new one with the new size. Make sure you start at the same spot.
4)sfdisk -R re-read the partition table
5)e2fsck again.
6)ext2online ( or resize2fs may work offline )

Hope that helps.

--Victor